Monday, August 22, 2016

Hello there, the angel from my nightmare...



Somehow, somewhere along the way this blog became an all-music blog. I'm going to try to post about other things eventually but for now, here's yet another concert post! blink-182 stopped by Toronto last night while on tour for their latest album "California". When I found out they were coming (thanks songkick!), I just knew I had to get tickets. I grew up listening to them and they kept breaking my heart every time they broke up. When I found out they were making another comeback, I knew I had to catch them live when I had the chance! They played at the Molson Canadian Amphitheatre and it's a pretty decent-sized venue, not too big like the ACC where the performers looked like ants. We were in the 300 level and I was scared we weren't going to see anything because I didn't realize I had bought "partial view" tickets by mistake. We had aisle seats but the pole wasn't really in the way because it wasn't directly in front of us. I was a bit nervous since Tom's no longer in the band and I felt like his high/whiny voice contrasted nicely with Mark's lower more monotone voice. Now don't get me wrong, Matt from Alkaline Trio is a really talented guy and blink put on a spectacular show BUT it still felt like a piece was missing. With that aside, I had a lot of fun soaking in the nostalgia and reliving my youth - jumping around and yelling along to all the classics









^Wish they had played Adam's Song as well... it's one of my fav downer songs! Maybe it was too much of a downer to play


^Another band tee to add to my collection!! This is a size small in men's / unisex so I just drown in it... will need to get it altered. I actually love California's album art and wish they had this shirt in a women's size


^I didn't realize there was a small hole on the front (and another one on the back!) until I got home :(... Disappointed in myself for not checking when I bought it - I'm too trustworthy sometimes!


Tour dates... the hole though (next to Houston, TX), it haunts me forever! I'm going to try to patch that up somehow

No comments:

Post a Comment