Sunday, March 12, 2017

Patiently waiting for Does It Offend You, Yeah's new album

I was devastated when Does It Offend You, Yeah? announced they were going on an "indefinite hiatus" back in 2012 - they are one of my favourite bands after all! Their first two albums were complete gems, each different in their own way yet distinctively DIOYY. If I had to describe their musical style, I'd say it's electronic meets punk (but it's so much more than that) - they blend different styles together flawlessly to create a truly unique sound. I held onto hope that they would make a comeback somewhere down the line and it looks like 2017 is going to be the year for new material (an EP titled "We Do Our Own Stunts")... I can't wait!!

The band tweeted this video in 2015 and it's supposed to be part 2 of "With a Heavy Heart (I Regret To Inform You)" but from the girl's perspective. I've been obsessed with this song ever since and if the new EP sounds anything close to this, I'll take it!




A clue was tweeted in December... I'll be patiently waiting for the EP to drop



On Friday, they posted this mashup with Beastie Boys on their facebook page... I'm ready for the new album already!

I would love to see them live one day if possible - looks like they would put on a killer show:
Watch the full concert here

No comments:

Post a Comment