Sunday, May 14, 2017

Japan Haul 2017 - kawaii x 10

I recently got back from a 1 week trip to Japan where I bought a LOT of stuff... everything's just so cute there, I wanted to buy everything!

Here's everything laid out on my bed:



CAT STUFF!!
Japan is THE place to go if you're as obsessed with cats as I am. With their cat islands, cat cafes, and cat merchandise - they are sure to make any cat lover hyperventilate with glee!

Cat stationery - I picked these up at the famous Japanese 100 yen store Daiso. They're just so cute!!




A cat coffee stirring spoon - the arms hang on the side of your mug so the spoon doesn't fall in... cute and clever


NECO SALON
I stumbled upon this cat-themed shop in the city of Kamakura and I did not want to leave. I found the cutest cat earrings and a pouch that features a fuzzy cat that is trying to camouflage into the stripes:



More notebooks from Daiso - animal party!


I LOVE Japanese snacks!!! Hi-Chew, ramune flavoured candy, Calbee potato sticks, andddd a multitude of different flavoured KitKats (sakura and soybean, sakura and tea?, raspberry, dark matcha, regular matcha)


Tony Moly I'm Real sheet masks - ok this is actually a Korean brand but it was my first time in an actual TonyMoly store as I usually buy Korean beauty products online. I've tried these masks before and I must admit I chose these ones in particular because of the cute packaging - however I really liked them so I bought them again in Japan


Gachapon & Blind Box
Gachapon machines are everywhere in Japan! There was even a store I went to in Akihabara that only had gachapon machines. These are basically capsule dispensing vending machines where you insert coins into (usually 200 yen - 300 yen) and you get a surprise toy within a capsule. Every machine has a set of toys that you may be able to get - the fun part comes in not knowing which one you will get until the capsule comes out! The blind box has a similar concept except it is bought in a store instead of a machine - the box shows you what may be inside but you won't know what it is until you open the box

Snoopy Vintage Cafe Blind Box - all the options were so cute that I didn't mind which one I got



....and I ended up getting the strawberry waffle - kawaii! I also got a Snoopy blind box for my besties and they got the salad bowl and coffee dripper

Here are all the gacha I got! Gudetama and of course cats

Gudetama is my favourite Sanrio character - it's just so cute and weird, two of my favourite things combined

Cats as dessert

A cat grooming itself


LINE FRIENDS STORE
Line is a popular messaging app in Japan and there is a store dedicated to the sticker characters in Line. The Line Friends store is in Harajuku and it's super cute! I ended up buying Brown in a Can for my friend's bday - it has Brown the bear inside what looks like a Campbell's soup can.

They gave me a cute sticker which I ended up using to make a card for my friend


More cute things from Daiso - all 100 yen each: a zipper lanyard, a tube squeezer, a travel hair brush, and a bear shaped measuring tape. Clumsy me managed to break the zipper lanyard within an hour of wearing it. I was sitting cross-legged on my chair at work and somehow my foot got caught in it as I stood up, causing it to fall to the floor and break. I had to super glue it back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment