Saturday, March 7, 2015

Why Chromebooks Should be in Your Life



If you're tired of your old slow and laggy laptop and need an alternative laptop for just surfing the web, then a Chromebook might be the answer! Initially I wasn't that fond of them since I had the mindset that I NEEDED Windows but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I spend 90% of my computer usage on the Internet anyway. I tested out my mom's Chromebox and loved the simplicity and how fast it was so I started pining after a Chromebook for my everyday Internet browsing. I started searching but couldn't find any Chromebooks that had it all (looks, speed, HD display) - until Toshiba released the Chromebook 2 (CB35-B3340 model) which has an IPS 1080P HD display!! It also looked beautiful (reminiscent of a Macbook Air which I used to want solely for its looks) and although they downgraded on the processor to keep costs down, it's still pretty fast to me!

I've been using this for the past week and am 100% satisfied with my purchase! It's perfect for what it is and does what it does really well. This isn't meant to replace my main computer or anything but it makes a great backup for days when I don't need to use any Window applications. I've been streaming shows and movies, listening to music, online shopping, browsing the web, opening a bunch of tabs at once (I have a bad habit of opening literally everything in a new tab and never closing any of them), using Google Hangouts and everything else I needed to do without any problems. It also comes with 1TB of free Google Drive storage for 2yrs (the sticker on it says 100GB but I think there's a promo going on).... sweet!



My Chromebook is Kit Kat-aproved!*

*The struggle to type up this blog post when you have a cat who likes walking all over your laptop and lying on your keyboard

Reviews:
PC Mag
Laptop Mag
Engadget
Cnet

No comments:

Post a Comment